Chitinous Xaero - Insanity Encroaching
Behind the wall of chainsaws and rocket fire lies a realm of nebulous entities that spread their insidious influence among the muscle-bound fighters of the arena. They twist minds and corrupt bodies, pitting warrior against warrior in gore-filled deathmatches.
A collection of tracks inspired by and created with the soundscapes of Quake 3 Arena.
10 grungy gross drone tracks + 3 sweet super bonus mode remixes!
Pay what you want! No minimum! Recommended price of $5.
Part of the Amaranthine Collective
Please reblog, retweet, and otherwise gimme signal boost. Also, feel free to email me at dragonmaw-A-gmail-D-com. Criticism welcome!
So this album has been over two years in the making. Back in 2009, I started to fiddle around again with music with the intent of finishing a currently unfinished ambient album titled Singularity Summer. As a joke and as practice, I began to work on some noisy, grungy, gross songs using entirely Quake 3 samples. The first was really terrible, the second was actually quite good (but doesn’t belong on this album), and the third was Rocket Fuckers.
Suddenly, I had a song which I felt could be expanded into an actual thematic style of droning, groaning, chittering noise. Encouraged by Renard, Geen, and Slunk, among others I can’t really recall at this moment, I went ahead and made a few more tracks before stopping.
A few months ago, I decided to actually buckle down and finish the album after I asked Robot Joe to do cover art for me. I also pestered some of my internet bros to make some remixes, “remastered” (read: added some more effects/noises) old songs, and completely remade my bandcamp page.
The result is this.
During the time making this album, I broke up with a woman I thought I loved with all my heart, watched friendships crumble to dust (including some of the people who originally urged me to do this), and even witnessed my family implode in on itself in a fiery hellstorm of dramatic bullshit. Insanity Encroaching - as stupid as it may sound, given the obvious amateurish nature of the album - has a significant emotional investment from me.
It’s sappy and sentimental, but I really do love this album. It’s the first album I’ve ever finished, and I poured a lot of my frustration and anguish - both with the creative process and with my life - into its confines.
So here you go. Insanity Encroaching. It’s “Pay What You Want”, so if you want it for free, go right ahead. The recommended price, however, is $5. I am currently low on money, so dolla billz is always appreciated. But really, I’ll just be happy if you download it.
If you actually read all that, thank you! Know that even if you get mad at me because my music makes your head explode, I still love you <3
Special Thanks To:
and anyone else I forgot to mention (you know who you are)
PS: Sorry for the wall of text, Tumblr doesn’t allow Read More on photo posts.
- bryant20 likes this
- amaranthinecollective reblogged this from dragonmaw and added:
- coffeecollie reblogged this from dragonmaw and added:
- excretion likes this
- purpleweeble likes this
- pinkpoodlewoof likes this
- dragonmaw reblogged this from zangen and added:
- zangen reblogged this from dragonmaw and added:
- sunteaflower reblogged this from dragonmaw
- alexandrinax reblogged this from dragonmaw
- sunteaflower likes this
- arkcatox likes this
- seelseelbananapeel reblogged this from dragonmaw
- sunbearbutt likes this
- somniusdumblr reblogged this from akumyo and added:
- somniusdumblr likes this
- peachybero reblogged this from dragonmaw
- viscramaelstrom reblogged this from dtrxcreations and added:
- viscramaelstrom likes this
- heteroic likes this
- fabulousfurfrou likes this
- goatpox reblogged this from dragonmaw and added:
- batsbrains likes this
- puppytube reblogged this from battlemaxace and added:
- dtrxcreations reblogged this from dragonmaw and added:
- taxiderby reblogged this from battlemaxace and added:
- fraxtil likes this